L1 A And greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A And greencard

I'm on L1A visa from last 2years and my company now plans to file GC under EB2 category, is Perm process/Labour is needed for EB2 Category with L1A visa?

PERM and I-140 is needed for EB2.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Even if you are L1A you need perm..i thought perm was exempted. So it would be a long process for me and i believe we dont get extension beyong 7 ears in L1A visa, Prior to L1A i was on H1B for 1 year, so have only about 31/2 years left on L1A visa now. What would i have to do if my date does not become for current in next 31/2 yeas time frame, do i have to leave the country or is there any other option.?

Thanks in Advance for clarifying.

Comment

EB2:
        https:///eb-2-employment-based-green...professionals/
        https:///eb-2-employment-based-green...ional-ability/

EB1:
        https:///eb-1-employment-based-green...nd-executives/
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin, i went thro this sites, but my question is my stay above 7 years?

Comment

Hi

You can skip the labour / perm process if you apply on EB1 category.
            Check the specifics of your case with your attorney. Since you are on L1A you might be elligible for EB1 instead of EB2.

If the atorney / company is not willing to get you in the EB1 group, then there is no benefit of having L1A.
            Instead you can move in to H1B and file perm.

- You are elligible to take H1B extensions on a yearly basis if your labour is pending for 365 days, even if you cross the 6 year stay limit on H1B.
            - If your perm and I140 gets approved then you can take H1B extensions for 3 year period after the 6 year H1B limit

Chk with your attorney which suits you best

All the best

Regards
            Pradeep

Comment

Thanks Pradeep. The company is not willing to file EB1..they want to do a EB2 and im sure i will be struck with the PD and wont get extensions after 7 years and it will be bad..

Comment

Its no use having L1A and not being able to filed on EB1.

Dont lose hope.
                Suggest you move to H1B and then you can continue taking extensions even after 6 years of H1B provided your perm is pending for 365 days.
                You can also go for 3 year extension on H1B after your 6yearterm if you get I-140 approved.
                Check with your attorney and company about this option
                All the best

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X