Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - passport expiry

Hello,

I am currently working on L1B visa in the US which is valid till May 2012. My I94 is also valid till May 2012.

I will leave for India by April 2010 to arrange for my F1 Visa so that I can come to the US by mid Aug 2010 for higher education. This is a two-year degree program in the US which will complete in May 2012.

My passport will expire on Oct 2011. Based on this date, questions are:

1) Will the US consulate deny giving me student (F1) visa because my current passport will not cover my entire duration of studies ?

2)Is it necessary / mandatory to renew my passport before the F1 visa stamping date ?

3)What should I do if I want to renew my passport ?

4) How long does it take for renewal ?

5) Do you see any potential problem ?

Please let me know. I have very little time with me.

My plan is to get the student visa, go to US and renew by visa during the course of study ? Can I do that ?

Thank you

I am currently working on L1B visa in the US which is valid till May 2012. My I94 is also valid till May 2012.

I will leave for India by April 2010 to arrange for my F1 Visa so that I can come to the US by mid Aug 2010 for higher education. This is a two-year degree program in the US which will complete in May 2012.

My passport will expire on Oct 2011. Based on this date, questions are:

1) Will the US consulate deny giving me student (F1) visa because my current passport will not cover my entire duration of studies ?
    >>> No issues. Indian passport can be renewed only 12 months in advance.

2)Is it necessary / mandatory to renew my passport before the F1 visa stamping date ?
    >>> See ans. 1.

3)What should I do if I want to renew my passport ?
    >>> Apply for renewal.
    /indian-passport-services-in-usa/

4) How long does it take for renewal ?
    >>> 30-40 days by normal process and 7-10 days by Tatkal.

5) Do you see any potential problem ?
    >>> No
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X