L1B to L2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to L2

Currently, both me and my wife are on L1B visa, and are working in US. I'm planning on going to India to switch to L2 as a dependent on her visa. Can someone please help on the below questions?
    1) I read somewhere that L2 visa might qualify for visa interview waiver? Is this true or should I schedule both biometrics and consulate interviews?
    2) Do I need to schedule an appointment for biometrics in India? Note my L1B visa is still valid.
    3) Is it advisable to go to Chennai consulate for L2 visa or can I get this done at any US consulate?
    4) By when would I have to resign from my present company? Would it have to immediately resign after the passport is received with L2 stamp, or can I resign within a month's time after entering the US?

Thanks!
    Last edited by D231189; 04-09-2019, 10:22 AM.

Originally posted by D231189 View Post
    1) I read somewhere that L2 visa might qualify for visa interview waiver? Is this true or should I schedule both biometrics and consulate interviews?
    You do not qualify for Visa interview waiver.
    2) Do I need to schedule an appointment for biometrics in India? Note my L1B visa is still valid.
    L1B has nothing to do with Biometrics. If you are tenprinted earlier, then you won't need to go for it again.
    3) Is it advisable to go to Chennai consulate for L2 visa or can I get this done at any US consulate?
    Since you are not living in India any more, you can apply anywhere in India. However still suggested to go to local, as they will be able to read/understand documents in local language.
    ​​​​​​​
    4) By when would I have to resign from my present company? Would it have to immediately resign after the passport is received with L2 stamp, or can I resign within a month's time after entering the US?
    I guess they will cancel your L1 as soon as you get your L2 - you can request them to keep your L1 visa valid & you can resign once you are back in USA on your L2.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X