Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1A Blanket visa denied with 221(g) form stating not clearly approvable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Blanket visa denied with 221(g) form stating not clearly approvable.

Hi All,

I had my L1 A Visa Interview on 3rd May 2019 in Chennai, and it was not Approved as they gave 221 (g) form stating not clearly approvable.

Case Background: My Company (which is a Product based well established MNC), has initiated L1 A Visa for me where I do not have direct reporters but I do manage a critical function/process in the organization. I had been to interview along with my dependents (Spouse and a Child). Since the child is less than 3 years they allowed us directly without standing in any queue.

Below is the conversation which took place during an interview:

VO: Hi
    Me: Hi
    VO: Please give your Passports, I129S and DS160
    Me: (Submitted the requested docs)
    VO: You work for Clients or Your Company ZZZ.
    Me: (I didn't get the question so I said Yes)
    VO: That was a question, you work for a client or Your Company ZZZ.
    ME: (I was a bit nervous) I work for Company ZZZ.
    VO: You work for internal to your company ZZZ?
    ME: I work on customers issue but sit in company xxx's office.
    VO: What is your designation
    ME: (Mentioned designation)
    VO: How many direct reporters you will have?
    ME: I don't have any direct reporters but I oversee YYY team and work with BBB team to help with customer issues.
    VO: (Kept on typing)
    VO: What is your salary
    ME: $ 1XXK
    VO: (Kept on typing)
    VO: Unfortunately I can't approve your VISA, please contact your HR to know further. He has provided a 221 (g) form with clearly not approvable remarks.
    ME: (Shocked)
    ME: What are the next steps?
    VO: Please contact your HR to know further, Namaste!!

Can someone please help me in understanding as what went wrong?

My company is planning to refile asap, so would like to know how to prepare for the interview given the situation and facts are not changing (I will not have direct reporters in the US and I do not have people Management experience, however, I worked for 2 years in India for same Function Management which is globally a critical function).

The recommendation would be to file for L1A individual rather than blanket.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the response. Do you see any issue with not having direct reporters and no people management experience for L1A? Function/Process management still hold good?

Comment

Blanket is purely decided by the VO based on the outcome of interview, in my view on your conversation you did not present yourself as manager by pointing i works for customer issue, you should always use words I manage , supervise , involves, recommend etc. as per act direct reports are not require if you manage a function however due to US administrator lots of scrutiny happening on US visas so blankets are normally approved for senior most position handling larger teams both in India and US with good salary!

looks like your salary is good , what is the role or designation in India and US.??

You can opt for L1 A individual petition which would be the better option over blanket again.

not legal opinion, just an suggestion
        Last edited by sairam@1; 05-13-2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanbhagv View Post
          Thank you for the response. Do you see any issue with not having direct reporters and no people management experience for L1A? Function/Process management still hold good?
          Just apply for L1A Individual.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank You sairam@1 and Libra_14.

Comment

Hi Shanbhagv, Libra_14

Need some advice. I am in a similar situation. My L1A Blanket was not approved Jan-2020. Mostly i messed up the interview.I was waiting for the VO to ask me What type of Visa your applying ? and then answer L1A Functional Manager but had questions on nature of work etc and never had the chance to answer as Functional Manager/.

Now my Attorneys will be filing L1A Individual . Is there documentation separate for Functional managers to submit to USCIS for Individual since all the questions are geared towards Managerial experiece in terms of handling people. Let me know. Thank you for your support

Comment

Originally posted by raptor_78 View Post
                Now my Attorneys will be filing L1A Individual . Is there documentation separate for Functional managers to submit to USCIS for Individual since all the questions are geared towards Managerial experiece in terms of handling people. Let me know. Thank you for your support
                Its eventually the same, nothing different. In blanket you carry all your documents with you during the interview, in Individual, you submit the same set of documents before hand to USCIS & get approval in form of petition.
                - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi. my l1a blanket was denied with white form 221g. The VO said this was because my direct reports are based in Europe, and not in USA. No documents were requested in 221g.
                  questions:
                  - are direct reports in USA a requirement for L1a? my direct reports are in Europe and India- will this be a problem?
                  - what are the chances that individual l1a will be approved?
                  - what does it mean that white form 221g says 'nothing needed' in whether additional documents are needed? does it mean there is nothing i can submit to change the status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X