Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 extension approved L2 pending

Hi,

I have a weird situation and need some expert suggestions.

I'm on L1 visa which got expired and my company applied for extension which eventually got approved by USCIS in 40 days, but unfortunately my company forgot to apply for L2 extension. They applied for the same about a month back. My wife's EAD is also expired and we have applied for EAD extension too.
    Would like to know if anyone can tell me how long L2 extension might take, with L1 extension is already approved.

A expert reply would be appreciated as I have heard L2 extension takes long and uscis issues rfe for EAD for L2 extension approved papers with in 45 days.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Viny

If she did not maintain valid L2 status, her extension would likely be not approved.

Ask her to leave US, and enter with new L2 visa.

Comment

but we have already applied for the L2 extension with USCIS and the ead extension too. so is it advisable to get out of US and re enter with new L2.

Comment

If the L2 extension is denied (Possible since she was out of status when you applied for the extension), then she will be considered illegal from the date when her I-94 expired and that might cause issues in future. If the extension gets approved, then she is all good.

Originally posted by viny007 View Post
        but we have already applied for the L2 extension with USCIS and the ead extension too. so is it advisable to get out of US and re enter with new L2.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X