Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 expired but valid i797 approval notice

Hi,

I work in Seattle, Amazon office. I recently noticed that my I94 expired on June 8th 2019. But my L1A i797 approval notice is valid until 12/31/2019. When i spoke to my company immigration attorney, she told me the only option I have is travel out of the country and get the visa re-stamped. But I read and heard from other people that a new visa stamping is not necessary but I just need to travel out of the country and re-enter.

I am currently in Bangalore and I am not able to get any VISA appointments until August 27th. I tried requesting for an emergency appointment but my request was denied. I am on an administrative suspension and cannot work remotely as well. I need to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. Looking for some advice.

There are 3 expiry dates, visa expiry date, 797 expiry date & I94 expiry date.

If you still have a valid visa along with your valid 797, then you can re-enter into USA & continue working (you'll get new I94 upon entry).

If you do not have a valid visa, you can check if you are eligible for dropbox (interview waiver program) & can apply for the visa without an appointment.

If you are not eligible, then you don't have any other option, but to wait for next available appointment in any consulate in India.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X