Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1A - 129 about to expire but have visa and I-94, L2 EAD about to expire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A - 129 about to expire but have visa and I-94, L2 EAD about to expire.

Please let me know if anyone has any information -

1. L1A visa and I-94 is not expired still have till 2020. However I-129S is going to expire soon. Its Blanket L1. How long does the process take? Are there I-129 rejections for blanket?

2. L2 visa will expire end of the yr however I-92 is valid for 1 more year. EAD also will expire this yr end.
    Want to renew ead, Is it required to send I-129 of the spouse for EAD approval?

3. How long is the EAD approval taking now?

4. Is L2 Visa extension necessary when I-94 is valid, L1 is Valid?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Vsamsr10; 07-03-2019, 12:59 AM.

Understand the basics:
    Visa is merely for entry purpose - you need to have a valid visa only when you are trying to "enter" into USA. Visa need to be renewed outside USA.
    Your I129S/I797 is for your permission to "work" & get paid in USA - you need this to be valid to continue working. Petition can be extended within USA itself.
    Your I94 defines your "stay" in USA - you can stay in USA as long as your I94 is valid. I94 can be extended within USA itself.

Originally posted by Vsamsr10 View Post
    1. L1A visa and I-94 is not expired still have till 2020. However I-129S is going to expire soon. Its Blanket L1. How long does the process take? Are there I-129 rejections for blanket?
    You'll need to extend your I129S before expiry. I129S extension can take 4 to 6 months in normal processing or 15 days under premium processing. Yes, I129 can also be denied.

2. L2 visa will expire end of the yr however I-92 is valid for 1 more year. EAD also will expire this yr end.
    Want to renew ead, Is it required to send I-129 of the spouse for EAD approval?
    Visa expiry date is irrelevant, as long as you are in USA on a valid I94.
    For EAD you need a valid status, like valid petition (I129s) of primary applicant.

3. How long is the EAD approval taking now?
    Somewhere between 3 to 8 months.
    ​​​​​​​
    4. Is L2 Visa extension necessary when I-94 is valid, L1 is Valid?
    Not required to renew visa until her I94 is valid.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X