L2 visa join L1 after marraige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa join L1 after marraige

My fiancé is in the process of applying for an L1 through her company. she will be transferred if all goes well in the next 6 months, suggested date around the end of year - December. we are currently not married and are getting married in November this year. She will be applying for her visa as single/unmarried. once she receives her visa and enters the USA can I then apply for an L2 visa once I have the marriage certificate and other documents? can anyone advise me if this is ok and I can join her. Thank you in advanced.

Yes, you can certainly do that. She is applying for her own L1 on her own merits, if she gets it she can come over & later if needed can switch to L2 by filing I539 (COS)..
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for your response. so I assume marriage timing wont effect me joining my wife once she has her L1? follow up question would be if someone married a person who holds an L1 they can easily get an L2 with the marriage certificate etc?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X