Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B individual extension denied - next steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B individual extension denied - next steps?

Folks, Recently my L1b Individual extension is denied and i am traveling back to india.

I never had applied for L1B Blanket and directly traveled on L1B individual. What are my options now? When OR can i even file for new L1B Blanket considering Individual extension rejection?

Also, in the past 3 years, i didnt work in India for 1 year. so am i even eligible?

HI Sorry to hear this.. When was the L1 extension applied and which USCIS center ?

I Prefer to go back and Apply for H1 B, Also for L1 B - Blanket - you should be working 1 year in offshore from the last 3 years..not 100% clear on this.

Comment

Applied nov-18, received RFE - May 19 - Denied Jul -19 after premium. California Center
      1yr in 3yr logic even i want to understand

Comment

Definitely you cannot stay in USA right now (considering you do not have any other visa).

You can file for either new H1B & L1 once you are back in your home country.

1 year in 3 year logic means, you need to work in a subsidiary of an US company outside USA for 1 year in last 3 years.

Let me know, if any other question.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Libra_14 yeah, i am talking about future plan.. so i cannot file for blanket? i am with same company since 2012 but was on L1b in US for 2.5+ years.. thus didnt spend 1yr in last 3yrs abroad..

Can i file for this same extension again from india?

Comment

You can file for another Individual petition or can use Blanket as well after completion of 1 year outside USA.

my suggestion is to apply for L1A this time.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Libra_14 - So basically, cant file L1B at all for 1year now? not even extension for existing Individual petition?

L1A would be difficult as would need to get promoted to Manager and all.

Comment

Originally posted by ratedguy View Post
                Libra_14 - So basically, cant file L1B at all for 1year now? not even extension for existing Individual petition?
                That's correct. That petition is expired now, you cannot extend it after expiration. However you can appeal for denial of your extension - consult an attorney for that.
                L1A would be difficult as would need to get promoted to Manager and all.
                I can understand.

Comment

Libra_14 Thanks. So to summarize,
                  1. i cannot do anything with denied I129 extension now.
                  2. Cannot file NEW L1b indi / blanket interview for 1 year
                  3. Go for other visa.

Please let me know if you can add anything else to the list -

Comment

Libra_14 Thanks. So to summarize,
                    1. i cannot do anything with denied I129 extension now.
                    2. Cannot file NEW L1b indi / blanket interview for 1 year
                    3. Go for other visa.

Please let me know if you can add anything else to the list -
                    That's correct to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

I am also facing a similar scenario. Is he allowed to apply for L1 extension in India via consulate. For L1 extension do they need to stay in US?

Comment

Read the whole thread.
                        Originally posted by L1B seeker View Post
                        I am also facing a similar scenario. Is he allowed to apply for L1 extension in India via consulate.
                        You cannot extend an already expired petition.
                        Originally posted by L1B seeker View Post
                        For L1 extension do they need to stay in US?
                        No.

Comment

Hi Guys, Can you please provide the reason here for your rejection. My L1B Individual extension is in progress, so it will help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X