Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing L1B Extension along with L2 + EAD

Dear Forum Members,

I want an expert opinion on my situation. Till now have got mixed responses while searching online.
    I am currently on L1B visa (I-94 expiring in Sep 2019). My employer asked me to apply for Fresh L1B application. I attended the Interview in May 2019, got rejected.

Since I had I-94 and visa is still valid, I traveled back to the US now my company/ company's attorney has given me following options.

1. Apply for L1B Extension Individual Petition, normal processing so that I can work and extend my stay till 240 Days.
    2. My wife also has her own L1B visa, using her petition I can apply for Change of Status (I-539) to L2 and EAD. On approval I can work and stay in US.

Meanwhile IF my L1B extension application is also approved, can that still be used for working in the US as now my status has already changed ?

My question is, can I apply for the above two options simultaneously ?
    Like my CoS and EAD application are already filed, now they are preparing for L1B Extension application and apply before I-94 Expires.
    Someone told me it cannot be done, attorney is giving this option only because they want to make more money ?

I need some expert advise here, please

Regards

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X