Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Expiry

Dear all,

I have an L1B (Individual not blanket) interview coming up on September end. I was issued a visa valid for 3 years through my employer in US. Till July 2022. But the issue is with my passport expiry. It expires on July 2021 itself. I have filled my ds-160 and created a profile in travel docs, paid fees and scheduled visa appointment using July 2021 expiring passport. I am curious to know few things.

1. Will I be allowed for a visa interview?
    2. If so, will I be able to successfully get the stamping for 3 years as I-797 says?
    3. What problems I need to face since my passport expiry is ahead of visa expiry?
    4. Should I need to come back in 2021 and get my passport renewed and restamping done?

​​​​​​​Guys your help is much appreciated. I am nervous as I was of the view that I will not even be allowed to take my visa interview :-( Thanks.

As long as passport is not expiring within 3/6 months of visa interview, you should be fine..Yours is 2021 and not an issue.
    US Embassies frequently issue 10 yr B1/B2 visas on passports expiring much earlier.
    Only thing is you need to carry the passport which has the valid visa with your renewed passport if you travel between the time you got a new passport and July 2021.
    You can get your passport renewed in US itself thru the Indian consulates there and no need for re-stamping of current visa (which will be on old passport).

Comment

Agree with Akai !!
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Guys! Had a successful L1B interview.

Comment

Congratulations !!
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X