Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Maiden Name + UK Passport Book Number & Issuing City

Hi,
    I'm currently applying for an L1 visa, to relocate from the UK to the US. I'm trying to complete the DS160 form, to get my embassy appointment, but the form isn't easy to complete. One of the questions I'm unsure of, is the "Family information: Spouse". It asks for the Spouse's Full name (include Maiden Name).
    So, should I put my wife's current name AND her maiden name, or just the maiden name, or her current/married name? Her current UK passport does not show her maiden name, only married name.
    Maiden: Kate Smith
    Current: Kate Blackmore

Click image for larger version

Name:	DS160-Spouse.PNG
Views:	2889
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	708741

Also, another question asked is Passport Number, and then Passport Book Number. The UK passport does not have a book number. So should this be blank (does not apply) or the same number as the passport number?

Finally, the UK Passport does not show an issuing city, only an issuing authority - HMPO. Should the authority be used, instead of City?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DS160-Passport.PNG
Views:	2609
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	708742

Thanks for your help!

Answering what I know.
    Originally posted by bjblackmore View Post
    Also, another question asked is Passport Number, and then Passport Book Number. The UK passport does not have a book number. So should this be blank (does not apply) or the same number as the passport number?
    Select checkbox before "Does not apply" for book number.

Originally posted by bjblackmore View Post
    Finally, the UK Passport does not show an issuing city, only an issuing authority - HMPO. Should the authority be used, instead of City?
    Yes.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X