Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Valid last date of stay

Hi,

Had a successful #L1B stamping. Here are the details.

I-797 valid from August 2019 till July 2022.
    L1B visa stamped till July 2022.
    Still in India. Travel not yet booked.

My questions is

Upon entering US, how long #I-94 will be given? Will that be same as my visa expiry July 2022 or 3 years from the date of my entry to US?

Will I stand losing 6 months of my visa duration, if I travel on Jan 2020?

Thanks

You will be getting the i-94 end date same as that of I-797 expiry date i.e july, 2022.No matter when will you arrive thats the date your i-94 validity is going to be.

Comment

Thanks NSB!

Comment

CBP determines the date. It’s usually the expiration listed on 797
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Crvram View Post
          Will I stand losing 6 months of my visa duration, if I travel on Jan 2020?
          You will be losing your 6 months of visa, but you really won't be losing your 6 month of stay - so once your petition is expired after 2.5 years, you can extend that for another 2.5 years.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi Libra thanks for the clarification. I have a different question. Is my employer is duty bound to invite me to work in US post succesful L1B stamping? Does he has rights to say a NO to my transfer? What are the rights and options available to the employee here? Please help.

Comment

Is my employer is duty bound to invite me to work in US post succesful L1B stamping?
              Certainly not, if they don't need you, they can decide to not send you to US, as well as they can revoke your petition (making your status void) & you'll have to return to your home country.
              Does he has rights to say a NO to my transfer?
              Certainly yes, they can revoke your petition & can ask USCIS to invalidate your visa.
              What are the rights and options available to the employee here?
              Nothing, if you are not in US yet. But once you are in US, you has rights as per their US company handbook/rules (nothing special).
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra. Very much appreciated for the answers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X