Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa Passport about to expire

Hello
    I am in USA with L1A visa and my wife is on L2 and she is right now in India. My company wanted to start GC processing for me and I am waiting for my wife and daughter to join me. Problem is my wife's passport will expire by Apr-11-2011 and although her visa is valid for 3 years I am guessing there is a chance that she would get her I-94 until the passport expiry date. Is it okay if she travels with that passport and get the new passport in USA and would there be any problem for GC processing in future if my wife passport is getting expired or I-94 is only valid until 11-Apr-2011? Also if she has to travel india during GC processing would there be any issues. Kindly respond.

Warm Regards
    Kumar

GC is for future employment. Current passport expiry or the I-94 has nothing to do with starting the GC processing. Maintaining a valid status is important though.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks for quick reply shervin, when you said maintaining a valid status, does it mean during my I-140 processing my dependents are not allowed to travel outside US

Comment

There is no status when you are outside the country. Status only applies when you are inside U.S. As long as you are not out of status (Staying beyond I-94 expiry or no pay slips when you are in H1B etc), you are all good.

Originally posted by kumarchitta View Post
        thanks for quick reply shervin, when you said maintaining a valid status, does it mean during my I-140 processing my dependents are not allowed to travel outside US
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X