Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I mention a case with no arrest on DS 160?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I mention a case with no arrest on DS 160?

I’m an L1 visa holder and living in the US. Going back to my country to visit family and will apply for visa before coming back.

A family violence case was filed against me by my wife 2 months ago and the case was dismissed by the police department as the victim didn’t want to pursue the case.

Do I need to say “Yes” to the question “Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?”?
    Last edited by jrbd; 11-21-2019, 09:10 PM.

Yes, you need to mention that.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

But I was not arrested or convicted. Do I still need to mention? How would that affect the visa eligibility? I know there cannot be a concrete answer but wanted to ask.

Comment

There is no harm in mentioning that, because you were not arrested or convicted. If you select "Yes" for that question, then you will also get a chance to clear your situation.

However if you do not mention & VO finds out something regarding it then your visa will be either denied or put on Admin processing for long time.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Perfect answer. Thanks a bucnh!

Comment

Share your experience, once you are done with the interview.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Have not mentioned the incident, and everything went well. If someone is not convicted/arrested, there is no reason to say “Yes” to that question.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X