Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study in Canada just after filing for US green card

Hello,

I am an L1-A visa holder in US, and my company recently filed for US Green Card (I-140) based out of Boston area.
    My objective is to work in Detroit and live in Windsor or other bordering town in Canada.

I have been trying for Canadian Express Entry but since the cutoff scores are too high, I am looking at other ways to permanently live in Canada.
    Mainly exploring the study route , that is, my wife enrolling in a 2 or 3-year study in Canada followed by work permit.

Further background: My company has OK'd my transfer to Detroit from Boston and they mention I can live in Windsor, work in Detroit with a commuter green card. (i-140 to be re-filed as it is linked to location).

Question to the group:
    If my wife registers for such a study program in Canada (in Windsor to be precise), will it adversely affect my chances of getting a US commuter green card application?
    And will I be able to travel across the border on a daily basis and work in Detroit + live in Canada?

This is a bit urgent so would HUGELY appreciate any advice you may have.

Regards,
    Saral

Originally posted by Saral_1987 View Post
    If my wife registers for such a study program in Canada (in Windsor to be precise), will it adversely affect my chances of getting a US commuter green card application?
    I don't think so. Your visa application will be judge solely on your profile & not on your wife's profile - but you should ensure that you do not lie anything in US visa application.
    Originally posted by Saral_1987 View Post
    And will I be able to travel across the border on a daily basis and work in Detroit + live in Canada?
    I guess that should be fine once your papers are taken care.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X