Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved L2 Visa and going to appear for L1B

Hi,
    I have the approved L2 Visa but have not travelled to US on L2 till now.My comapny applied for L1B and I am going to appear for PA may be in next 15 days.
    My query is:
    If I am going for L1B visa ,will my L2 Visa be cancelled
    What if my L1B visa is approved.But I want to travel to US on L2 for few months before I want to resume my work.In that case will my L1B be cancelled or kept on Hold.

My concern here is though I am going to appear for L1B I will not be able to start the work immediately due to some reason and I want to hold my L2 Visa status so that I can join my husband in US till the time I can resume back my work.

If anyone have some information on above case and can guide will be highly thankful.

Thanks,
    Nivi

Originally posted by niveditakri28 View Post
    If I am going for L1B visa ,will my L2 Visa be cancelled
    Not necessarily. One can hold multiple non-immigrant visas at a time.
    If during your L1 interview, VO asks you if your spouse is still maintaining L1 status & you might need to use L2 visa, answer yes & provide proof of his L1 status (valid visa/petition, his payslip, his bankstatement etc). If you fail to prove that your spouse is maintaining L1, VO might cancel your L2.
    What if my L1B visa is approved.But I want to travel to US on L2 for few months before I want to resume my work.In that case will my L1B be cancelled or kept on Hold.
    Once you have both the visas on your passport, you'll need to help CBP officer upon arrival in USA that which visa you want to use for that visit, ensure to help him on time & keep proof handy that your other visa is still valid & you might need it.
    My concern here is though I am going to appear for L1B I will not be able to start the work immediately due to some reason and I want to hold my L2 Visa status so that I can join my husband in US till the time I can resume back my work.
    Just ensure that you keep proof ready all the time (i..e during interview & during travelling to USA).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X