Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 extension and H1 Visa from same employer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 extension and H1 Visa from same employer.

Hi All, I am currently in US on L1 Visa. My L1 Visa expired last month and applied for an extension. I would like to explore the possible opportunities in case if my extension is denied. Can I ask my employer to file H1 this year(same employer I am working for right now)?

I read from other posts that, we can file L1 extension and H1 from two different employers but I would like to know if same employer can file H1 along with L1 extension?

Originally posted by ravinder.bangalore View Post
    Hi All, I am currently in US on L1 Visa. My L1 Visa expired last month and applied for an extension. I would like to explore the possible opportunities in case if my extension is denied. Can I ask my employer to file H1 this year(same employer I am working for right now)?

I read from other posts that, we can file L1 extension and H1 from two different employers but I would like to know if same employer can file H1 along with L1 extension?
    Certainly your current employer can petition you both visas.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X