No announcement yet.

Employer reluctant to initiate L1A visa process in anticipation of rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer reluctant to initiate L1A visa process in anticipation of rejection

I am from India and employed with a leading FMCG marketing company in India for the last 9 years. I have received a job offer in the same company for US office through a global selection process. However, my employer has withdrawn the job offer (within 3 weeks) saying that chances of rejection of L1 A visa for Indians is very high (80% rejection rate). Therefore, there is no point even initiating the application for L1A visa and moreover the process if initiated would take more than 6 months. Do you think their concerns are valid? If not, should I push for premium processing of L1A visa? Is there any other alternative to ensure successful visa process?

Your company is correct, the rejection rate is really high right now. If your company agrees, then you can certainly push for premium processing. Otherwise it will easily take 6 to 8 months for the individual petition to get approval.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi ,
      I think the L1A Individual petition gets approved in few weeks. Please correct me if I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Amit083 View Post
        Hi ,
        I think the L1A Individual petition gets approved in few weeks. Please correct me if I am wrong
        Yes, & No. L1A Individual petition minimum takes couple of month (depends on your country of origin) & 6 to 8 months on an average (exceptions are always there).

L1A Individual petition with premium processing without an RFE will be responded within 15 days.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X