L1 to GC EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to GC EAD

All, I am on L1, alsoGC EAD is approved. With L1 almost maxing out (1 year left), i am thinking about moving to GC EAD and have following questions -

1. Current status is L1. How do I move to GC EAD without moving out of country ?
    2. Just in case if i run into issues with EAD renewal (delay) or 485 rejection then can i move back L1 use remaining 1 year? If yes, what would be the process
    3. As per my knowledge, L1 status cannot be extended beyond 7 year (like H1 with pending 140) Can anyone please confirm ?

Finally, if anyone has done this recently (esp moving back to visa from EAD). Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by drg1980 View Post
    1. Current status is L1. How do I move to GC EAD without moving out of country ?
    Once you file for I485 along with your EAD application, it by default switched you to EAD, you don't need to do anything.
    2. Just in case if i run into issues with EAD renewal (delay) or 485 rejection then can i move back L1 use remaining 1 year? If yes, what would be the process
    Not sure about it. Probably someone else can pinch in.
    3. As per my knowledge, L1 status cannot be extended beyond 7 year (like H1 with pending 140) Can anyone please confirm ?
    Yes, L1A cannot be extended beyond 7 years (L1B is 5 years). However you can move out of USA for an year & get a new L1A & another 7 years to stay in USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X