Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B visa after UK startup being acquired by US company

Hi everyone,

Apologies if my question has already been posted before. I did some research but didn't find anything close enough to my case.

I have been working full time and continuously for almost 3 years in a UK startup (let's call it A). "A" is in the process of being acquired (asset acquisition) by a big US company (let's call it B). The acquisition process should be closed and signed at the beginning of January 2020 but I already got a contract offer to be employed directly by "B" and the contract has been signed by both "B" and I.

I'd like to know if, regarding of the US laws, I am eligible to ask to start the process to get a L1B visa now (because I worked more than 1 year in "A") or if I have to wait to have worked 1 year in "B".

Thank you and enjoy the last days of 2019

Damien
    Last edited by Damien; 12-30-2019, 10:39 AM.

You are eligible for L1B right now.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for your answer !

Would you know by any change where I could find a kind of proof or something coming from the law which supports that ? (I already quickly talked to the company "B" about this and they were saying they'd make me wait one year but I'm not sure they are aware It could be faster and I don't want to bring erroneous information)

Comment

I don't have any law or USCIS published information, you can consult an attorney for that.

But the rule says, you worked for a subsidiary for one year & it doesn't say for how long the parent & subsidiary relation need to exist, however at the time of visa application that relation you'll need to prove. So as long as at the day of visa application that relation exists, you are eligible.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Okay, thank you =)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X