L2 extension and EAD renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 extension and EAD renewal

Hi All... Need some inputs on L2 extension and EAD renewal.

My husbands L1 and my L2 got expired on October 21, 2019. I had EAD and that expires on October 21 l, 2019 as well. At my husbands company, they applied for our visa extension in premium processing and his L1 got approved on October 4, 2019. But my L2 application is still in case received status... This is in Texas service center.
    we applied for my EAD on November 15 and case is in received status... This is in California service center per the region.
    My previous employer is willing to have me return by February mid or no later than March. If I didn’t get my Then I could lose this opportunity.

per the processing times published in USCIS site I have hopes for my L2 extension to be approved by February mid but I am very much concerned about my EAD...

will my EAD be approved at the same time as that of the extension?
    Also my extension is filed at Texas service center whereas EAD is at California center, will this cause any delay?
    Will I get an RFE for the EAD?
    is there any way I can expedite the process? If I raise a service request, will it help expedite the EAD application?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Leenagrace View Post
    My husbands L1 and my L2 got expired on October 21, 2019. I had EAD and that expires on October 21 l, 2019 as well. At my husbands company, they applied for our visa extension in premium processing and his L1 got approved on October 4, 2019. But my L2 application is still in case received status... This is in Texas service center.
    we applied for my EAD on November 15 and case is in received status... This is in California service center per the region.
    My previous employer is willing to have me return by February mid or no later than March. If I didn’t get my Then I could lose this opportunity.

per the processing times published in USCIS site I have hopes for my L2 extension to be approved by February mid but I am very much concerned about my EAD...
    Though L2 extension & EAD are not linked in terms of processing time, but for L2 extension, simply visit outside USA & re-enter to get your new I94 - no need of waiting for extension.
    will my EAD be approved at the same time as that of the extension?
    Most certainly.
    Also my extension is filed at Texas service center whereas EAD is at California center, will this cause any delay?
    No.
    Will I get an RFE for the EAD?
    No one can say that, it depends on your application & your profile.
    is there any way I can expedite the process? If I raise a service request, will it help expedite the EAD application?
    I don't think so.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X