Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A while H4 extension in progress

Hi ,

H1/H4 extensions for me/my wife was filed in late December '19 and upgraded to Premium in early Feb '20. H1 was approved within 2 weeks while H4 is still pending and may take 3-4 months.

My wife is on leave from her job in India and her company is willing to sponsor her L1A (she is eligible for it).

Question -
    1. Should we wait till H4 extension is approved before L1A is filed?
    2.Will there be a problem is L1A is filed and approved AND THEN H4 gets approved?
    3. To resolve this, can she travel to India and get her passport H4 stamped (since my H1 is approved) - this will mean H4 approval, right? Or will the filed extension still remain in process?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks much!!!

Originally posted by pppai View Post
    1. Should we wait till H4 extension is approved before L1A is filed?
    No need to, if you dont want to.
    2.Will there be a problem is L1A is filed and approved AND THEN H4 gets approved?
    No, you just need to ensure that She is on L1A before she starts working (you can check current status on I94).
    3. To resolve this, can she travel to India and get her passport H4 stamped (since my H1 is approved) - this will mean H4 approval, right? Or will the filed extension still remain in process?
    Don't need to.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X