Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query in Filling DS-160: On “Visa refusal/ever filed an immigrant petition”?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query in Filling DS-160: On “Visa refusal/ever filed an immigrant petition”?

Hi - I am filling the DS-160 form for my intracompany transfer under Lr the L1-Blanket).

A company has filed my H1B I-129 Petition in June 2017 (Form type: 1-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker). My petition was not picked in the random H1B Lottery selection process in 2018.

I am confused about what to fill in for my L1 DS-160 for these 2 questions:
    1. Have you ever been refused a US visa, been refused admission to the US or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?
    2. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

Originally posted by prado_1 View Post
    1. Have you ever been refused a US visa, been refused admission to the US or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?
    Your visa was not refused, it was your petition which could not make the lottery. So you can answer "No" (assuming no other refusal or deportation).
    Originally posted by prado_1 View Post
    2. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?
    Did anyone filed for your green card (i.e. Form I130, I140 etc) ? If not, then answer "No".
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X