Furlough for L1 B employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furlough for L1 B employee

My employer has put me on furlough for a month (L1B visa) .

Is it going to impact my RFE response which we need to send it by May End. I hope to be back to office on 15th May as the furlough is only for a month?

Please let me know? Is it legal to put L1 B employee on furlough by the employer?

Should not be a problem. L-1 workers may be furloughed without pay, but if their authorized stay expires before the 60-day grace period ends, they may be unable to remain in the United States. I guess company will still respond to your RFE on time.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra.You are doing a great job helping people in need at the time of pandemic situation like this.

Company need to send RFE by June 1st week and I have time at least 4 months to 240 days completion.

I just saw a tweet from the president of USA on suspending immigration.Is it going to affect ongoing extensions ?

Comment

Originally posted by ankitbansal2601 View Post
        I just saw a tweet from the president of USA on suspending immigration.Is it going to affect ongoing extensions ?
        As per my understanding, the president is suspending immigration only, I don't think it will impact extensions.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X