Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Extension and I140

Hi,

Here is my current status. I was in L1B visa from Oct-2015 to Sep-2018 and was doing the managerial role since Jan- 2017 so did the L1A conversion and got the visa until Sep-2020[2 Years] . In this case L1A extension can be valid for another 5 years to use the max cap of 7 years or just another 2 years counted from first day in L1 visa.

Thanks,

You can stay & work in USA till Sep 2022.

And your I140 has nothing to do with your L1B/A.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the response. But my current L1A visa valid until September-2020 right do in this case should I need to go for visa extension process to work until sep-2022 but current L1A expires on sep2020.

thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kumar1707 View Post
        Thanks for sharing the response. But my current L1A visa valid until September-2020 right do in this case should I need to go for visa extension process to work until sep-2022 but current L1A expires on sep2020.

thanks again.
        Certainly you need a valid petition to continue working any time. So by Sept 2020, you'll need to file for your extension.

No need for new visa, if you are not planning to visit outside USA. Visa is only required for re-entry into USA if you visit outside USA, petition gives you ability to work.

In short, since you moved from L1B to L1A, now you can stay for total 7 years, starting the day you first landed in USA on any L1 visa.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X