Should i rely to my L1-B individual Extension RFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i rely to my L1-B individual Extension RFE

Hi guys. My company recent filled for my L-1B individual extension and on April 24-2020 i got a RFE. Since i got RFE during COVID-19 situation my attorney said i have 60 days extra grace days to reply for my RFE from the normal response time which is 90 days ( which gives me 5 months 90+60). My questions as follows.

1. Should i file for my RFE now or should i wait till the last minute and provide response before my due date.

2. What is the approval rate for RFE now ? One of my colleague visa was denied after RFE during COVID-19, hence should i wait to reply for my RFE ?. Due to current employment level in US i don't think approval rate is good. Your suggestions please

3. Main reason not to reply for my RFE is that my GC is also happining in parallel. If i wait two more months i think at least i will get my priority date at the time of filing my PERM application

Originally posted by raju146159 View Post
    1. Should i file for my RFE now or should i wait till the last minute and provide response before my due date.
    Responding now or later won't impact their decision on the extension application. Filing late will just give you some extra stay, in case your extension is to be denied.
    2. What is the approval rate for RFE now ? One of my colleague visa was denied after RFE during COVID-19, hence should i wait to reply for my RFE ?. Due to current employment level in US i don't think approval rate is good. Your suggestions please
    I still take RFE on positive side, that instead of directly rejecting your application the USCIS gave you another chance to prove your profile.
    3. Main reason not to reply for my RFE is that my GC is also happining in parallel. If i wait two more months i think at least i will get my priority date at the time of filing my PERM application
    You can wait.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your valuable time. As you said i will wait for some months atleast to respond to my RFE , i can get my Priority date at least and continue my GC as consular process back in India

Comment

Best of luck, please keep sharing your timelines & experience for others.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Sure will do

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X