Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm L1-A visa right now, am I allowed to having music streaming income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm L1-A visa right now, am I allowed to having music streaming income?

Hi!

I know that as L1A visa holder I should be employed by only ONE entity, my current company, and can't hold any other job, not even a part time one. But I'm confused as to this particular situation - I have a side interest in music, and let's say I release some music and put it out on streaming platforms, and it earns me not a large amount but still some streaming income, or I get other related income from my music, is that illegal and non-compliant with my holding a L1 visa? Can I only have one source of income that is only from ONE single employer, or is having another source of income like the situation I described okay? Because it's neither another full time nor a part time job that I'm holding?

So by definition, you cannot "work", but you can still get income from other sources - For example, you cannot drive uber & get money, but you can certainly invest in property & get its rent, or you can invest in stocks & get profit from that.

Same way uploading video on YouTube (or music on other popular sites) & getting paid from that is fine. Ensure you are not uploading that to some not-so-known site - which can become suspicious.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X