Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchanged First Name & Last Name in Application Profile

Hi,

In my US Visa profile, I see that my first name (ABC) and last name (DEF) are interchanged! I have already paid the MRV fees, but have NOT scheduled an appointment.

1. Will I be able to change my first name & last name in the application profile ?
    2. Will I have to pay the visa fees again, if I update my profile OR is it going to be just a profile update ?
    3. I see that a lot of folks have had this issue - I am of the opinion that there is a bug in the ustraveldocs profile creation. I am 100% certain that I did not mix up the names. In any forms that has been filled by me over the years, I have never had this issue. Does anyone have any inputs on this please ?

Really appreciate the response the forum members provide.

Thanks
    Basil

Originally posted by b7always View Post
    1. Will I be able to change my first name & last name in the application profile ?
    2. Will I have to pay the visa fees again, if I update my profile OR is it going to be just a profile update ?
    Guess you meant the interchange is done in DS160? If so, you can file a new DS160, call local consulate & have it updated with your MRV. No need to pay fees again.

3. I see that a lot of folks have had this issue - I am of the opinion that there is a bug in the ustraveldocs profile creation. I am 100% certain that I did not mix up the names. In any forms that has been filled by me over the years, I have never had this issue. Does anyone have any inputs on this please ?
    Well, Its a system, it will either work for everyone or doesn't work for everyone. Certainly the order of first name & last name may be different at some places in the online form, causing this issue. Not a big problem.
    Last edited by Libra_14; 06-19-2020, 07:27 PM.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

No, my DS160 is correct and in sync with my Passport. The mistake is in the application profile used to pay the MRV and schedule the appointment.

​​​​​​​Should that be corrected ? Or, can I get it corrected at the time of Biometric ?

Comment

You should speak to the attorney and they should file an application for this correction. Also, your attorney should check the petition submitted in your case. That will clarify if mistake is made by attorney or USCIS

Comment

The petition, DS160, Passport are all in sync & are correct.
          The mistake is in the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ profile created for Visa application.

Comment

On raising a request on this issue, to the customer care for the portal, I receive the following message :

We understand that you want to update your name on your profile.

In response to your question, our records indicate that a receipt is associated with a profile or an appointment is already scheduled. Therefore, we request you to continue with your appointment, letting the officials at the Visa Application Center know about the changes to be honored on the day of biometrics interview.

Further, we would like to inform you that the DS-160 application form must contain accurate and current information.

You should arrive exactly at the time of your appointment and for more information on the security regulations please follow the link

What should be my next step ? Shall I go ahead and schedule the appointment with this profile & MRV receipt (since DS160, passport are in sync & since that's what the customer care asks me to)
            OR, should I have a new profile and new fees paid altogether ?

Please let know your inputs.

Thanks again!

Comment

What should be my next step ? Shall I go ahead and schedule the appointment with this profile & MRV receipt (since DS160, passport are in sync & since that's what the customer care asks me to)
              OR, should I have a new profile and new fees paid altogether ?
              I would suggest go ahead with the appointment & let the person at biometrics know:
              We request you to continue with your appointment, letting the officials at the Visa Application Center know about the changes to be honored on the day of biometrics interview.
              Note that there might be local citizens at biometrics, collecting/reviewing the required details. They should be able to fix it real quick.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you so much, for all the inputs so far. I shall proceed with the same.

Comment

HI b7always​,

did you get your Visa without any problems in above situations. I am also in the same page. I have paid visa fee [MRV] with my 2 dependents the last name and first name misplaced. Also I have booked the visa appointment. so What is the suggestions. shall I go ahead and attend the visa? Mine is dropbox appointment.

or do I need to do any corrections.
                  All remaining are correct like DS160,passport etc, only dependent profile adding last name and first name exchanged and paid the payment MRV and booked the visa appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X