L1-A Visa for Setting up a New Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-A Visa for Setting up a New Office

It's natural for one to come across this website when looking for information about any US Visa, and this site has some real valuable information.

What I couldn't find, however, (and it's true not just for this website, but across the board) was information about L1-A visa for opening a new office, which doesn't really fall under any employment category and was my requirement.

My experience with this visa spans across 4 months that finally culminated in my getting an approval for the visa.

In case anyone wants any help/assistance with information, I will be happy to share my experience on this forum.

In a nutshell, for business ownes/managers that wish to apply for an L1-A to set up a new office in USA can ask me for any information that they may require.

What kind of business is it?

Lifelong,

Details that were left out concern the type of business you are in and where in the U.S. you expect to operate.

Comment

p4you

I am also in USA on L1A opening new office. I am from south africa and applied for L1A and got approved this year in jan. My extension in due on 5th jan,2011. So far every thing is fine let see. If you want to know let me ask i will tell you every thing you need to do during your process.

Comment

L1A extension of visa for New office

Hello thank you for your offer to answer questions re your process.
        We were issued a L1A set up new office in JUne 2010. We need to extend
        soon, hopefully for another 2 years.
        We have spent much of the first 6 months organising the business, setting up the office, licenses, website etc and have not as yet started hiring people or bringing in money it has all been expenditure, however we hope this will change soon. We only have about 3 more months to show money coming in and begin hiring people.

We are concerned about the extension as we have heard this can be difficult do you have any advice or suggestions or just to explain how your own extension went.

Much appreciated.
        Teresa

Comment

Hi
          What business structure did you use to setup business in USA? LLC with C corp? Did you run only one business or multiple business.?

Originally posted by Matrixusa View Post
          Hello thank you for your offer to answer questions re your process.
          We were issued a L1A set up new office in JUne 2010. We need to extend
          soon, hopefully for another 2 years.
          We have spent much of the first 6 months organising the business, setting up the office, licenses, website etc and have not as yet started hiring people or bringing in money it has all been expenditure, however we hope this will change soon. We only have about 3 more months to show money coming in and begin hiring people.

We are concerned about the extension as we have heard this can be difficult do you have any advice or suggestions or just to explain how your own extension went.

Much appreciated.
          Teresa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X