Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2-Visa When to apply ?

Hi folks,

Currently I am in US (on L1B visa) and getting married in Aug (in India). I want my wife's visa to be processed immediately after marriage so that I can fly back to us along with her.

Can my company process her visa before marriage ? Can we fill her DS-160 and take appointment before marriage and appear for visa interview after the marriage ?

You can certainly take the appointment before. You can also get married at the registration office (legal), take appointment, interview, and then have the ceremony.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

L2 Visa process - Is this possible ?

Thanks Kabkab for the information. Can you please be specific and help me in clarifiying the below.

1. Actual marriage date : Aug-14th

2. so can I fill my spouse's DS-160 on Aug-7th and schedule the interview for Aug 20 th?

3. Also is it ok if my comapny gives the supporting letter on Aug 7th ?

Please help me.

Comment

1. Actual marriage date : Aug-14th

2. so can I fill my spouse's DS-160 on Aug-7th and schedule the interview for Aug 20 th?
        >>> You can book the appointment before the marriage. However, the interview has to be scheduled after the marriage as you need to show the marriage certificate. So the above scenario would work perfect.

3. Also is it ok if my comapny gives the supporting letter on Aug 7th ?
        >>> That is okay. But make sure that they mention that you will return back on so and so date and will re-join work after your vacation.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank u

Thanks Shervin for u r help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagan164 View Post
            Thanks Shervin for u r help.
            Dear Jagan

I am in a similar situation as yours. Did you have any issues in submitting DS160 before the marriage? Did you put the marital status as married in the form?

Thanks!

Shruti

Comment

Originally posted by shrutigarg6 View Post
              Dear Jagan

I am in a similar situation as yours. Did you have any issues in submitting DS160 before the marriage? Did you put the marital status as married in the form?

Thanks!

Shruti
              Jagan and Shruti - did you have any difficulty in applying for the visa?

thanks
              Deep

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X