L1A - Change of address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A - Change of address

I recently got my L1A approved and had two locations in my Petition - Primary location is work from home in PA and secondary location is the office location in NJ. I am planning to move out of my current residence to a different residence in the same city. I have however heard that for L1A its recommended to file a new amendment petition to indicate change in address as for me home address and work address is the same to avoid any challenges if there is a USCIS visit.
    Any advise on other ways to handle this without having to file an amendment? Will a AR 11 for change in residence address be sufficient and will USCIS consider the new address as work location as well with the AR 11?

Changing your residence within the same city doesn't matter at all - just file an AR11 for change of address.

You need amendment in your petition only if you change your client or work location.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

So in my case the petition is filed with work address as home address as our company does not have an office in Pittsburgh. My secondary location in the petition is listed as New Jersey indicating I will primarily work from home and travel to New Jersey as needed. So if USCIS ever visits, it will be to the work address listed in my petition (my current home address in Pittsburgh). In this case as well will an AR 11 do (again I am changing my home/work address (which is same) within Pittsburgh?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X