Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Extension along with L1A extension

Hello Experts,

My immigration team had applied for L1A extension for me and L2 extension for my three dependents in Sep 2019 through normal processing which got converted into premium processing in Mar 2020. Last week, I have got the approval for L1A extension however have not received approved petition for L2 extension for my dependents.

Could you please help me with
    1. do we typically get L2 approved petitions along with L1A approved petition?
    2. Since I have not received it, what is the way to track the progress? USCIS portal shows that my case is approved and no other information.
    3. Does premium processing for L1A consider premium processing for L2 extension as well?

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by DD011317 View Post
    1. do we typically get L2 approved petitions along with L1A approved petition?
    That use to be the case earlier, but now-a-days there were multiple applicants informed in this forum itself, that L1 was approved & L2 was still pending for quite sometime.
    2. Since I have not received it, what is the way to track the progress? USCIS portal shows that my case is approved and no other information.
    You can call USCIS helpdesk number - but usually it won't help much. But L2 extension not need to worry much, since L1 is approved, L2 will be approved tomorrow or day after.
    3. Does premium processing for L1A consider premium processing for L2 extension as well?
    Officially - No, but as I said, that use to be the case earlier, but its different now-a-days.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

L2 extension is separately processed, so it will need long time to get approved(6-8 months). There is no premium process for L2 extension, but if your dependents have emergency, you could apply for expedite process for L2 extension. For example, if one of your dependent need EAD to work, he should request for a expedite process otherwise he has to wait for 8 months for L2 extension approval.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14 and guoxbo for your response. Appreciate it! I will follow up with my immigration team to expedite the process.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14 and guoxbo for your response. Appreciate it! I will follow up with my immigration team to expedite the process.
          Another quick way is to have L2 holder move out of USA & re-enter (if you already have a valid visa) - by doing so, you'll abandon your I539, but will get a new I94 with expiry date based on L1's recently approved petition.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi, I will be in the same situation this year as I need to extend my L1a and L2 for my wife. Last time (2 years ago - 2019) I had to wait for my wife renewal for about 6 months after mine was approved. I wonder if it still the case?! I wonder if the going out of USA and re-enter will speed up the renewal for my wife if I get my L1 approved (Anyway at one point I have to travel to the embassy outside of US because of the VISA stamp as the current one is expiring this year).

Comment

Originally posted by operagust View Post
              Hi, I will be in the same situation this year as I need to extend my L1a and L2 for my wife. Last time (2 years ago - 2019) I had to wait for my wife renewal for about 6 months after mine was approved. I wonder if it still the case?! I wonder if the going out of USA and re-enter will speed up the renewal for my wife if I get my L1 approved (Anyway at one point I have to travel to the embassy outside of US because of the VISA stamp as the current one is expiring this year).
              Current I-539 processing times are around 9-12 months, so your spouse would most likely be much better off if you were to get the extension done at an embassy or consulate.
              I'm an L2 non-immigrant. My most recent I-539 and I-765 were submitted mid-Oct 2020, Texas SC and approved early August 2021.
              Make sure to sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. USPS sent back my first EAD and it took 5 months to get it re-mailed in 2018-19.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X