L1 A and fly back to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A and fly back to US

Hi I have L1 A extension approved and valid until 2022 and I am in US. In my passport the visa stamped is already expired in March 2020. I need to visit India for 2 weeks. What are the options where I can return US?
    Thank you..

Originally posted by pankajsingh04 View Post
    Hi I have L1 A extension approved and valid until 2022 and I am in US. In my passport the visa stamped is already expired in March 2020. I need to visit India for 2 weeks. What are the options where I can return US?
    Thank you..
    If you leave USA now, you won't be able to return since your visa is already expired. You'll first need to get the visa stamped in your passport to return & US embassies in India are closed as of now.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for the update. One more question since my VISA got renewed recently in this year and i know US Visa office in India is closed but they have opened drop box facility. Will i be eligible for drop box? I had L1A blanket but in US now it is L1 A individual and valid I797.

Comment

One more question since my VISA got renewed recently in this year and i know US Visa office in India is closed but they have opened drop box facility. Will i be eligible for drop box? I had L1A blanket but in US now it is L1 A individual and valid I797.
        This is confusing, if your VISA is already renewed recently, how come it expired in March 2020?
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Renewed from US but not stamped In passport so if I travel India need valid stamp time come back.

Comment

Renewed from US but not stamped In passport so if I travel India need valid stamp time come back.
            I think you mean that your extension of stay was approved. Visa renew is different from extension of stay. Visa renew could not be done in US. It must be done in the US embassy in other countries. Extension of stay just mean you can legally stay in US and has nothing to do with whether you can enter US or not. Since your visa has expired few months ago, if you leave US, you must apply for a new L1 visa. When you enter the US with your new visa, present your extension notice with your passport together to custom officer. They will write a same time period on your passport to stay.

Comment

Okay, so your petition is extended/approved & you'll need to go for stamping in India to return. And yes, you are eligible for drop-box.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X