X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to renew Visa in a third country? I-129/PED is Jan 2022

Hi:

I have some questions need some help.

1. My L1-B Visa is valid through Jan 2021, while my I-129 (and PED on Visa) is valid until Jan 2022. The consulate is closed so is it possible to renew my Visa in a third country, like in Paris or Madrid (I saw they are still open and I have the EU Shengen Visa). If rejected, can I still go back to the US as my Visa is valid before Jan 2021? (Need a valid Visa to travel aboard to take care of my parents when needed.)

2. New H1B and L1 Visa were banned from Jun and it does not apply to existing Vsias. But will it impact my case to renew a valid Visa?

3. I have some days spent out side of the US and my layer said I can do a "max out". Is it the same thing as the 'extension' discussed in other topics? Does the extension have a high rejection rate for L1-B Visa?

thanks

habodada

Originally posted by habodada View Post
    1. My L1-B Visa is valid through Jan 2021, while my I-129 (and PED on Visa) is valid until Jan 2022. The consulate is closed so is it possible to renew my Visa in a third country, like in Paris or Madrid (I saw they are still open and I have the EU Shengen Visa). If rejected, can I still go back to the US as my Visa is valid before Jan 2021? (Need a valid Visa to travel aboard to take care of my parents when needed.)
    Yes, you can do get visa renewed on 3rd country. If your visa is rejected, there is a possibility that they will cancel your existing visa as well (make decision accordingly).

2. New H1B and L1 Visa were banned from Jun and it does not apply to existing Vsias. But will it impact my case to renew a valid Visa?
    No

3. I have some days spent out side of the US and my layer said I can do a "max out". Is it the same thing as the 'extension' discussed in other topics? Does the extension have a high rejection rate for L1-B Visa?
    Depends on your country of citizenship & your profile. You really need to prove that you have unique/specialized knowledge, which no American worker can replace.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X