Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel when L1 renewal filed - Imp

Hi,

My L1 and i94 are valid until Nov-2022, but petition expired in Oct, 2020 (PED). My company has filed for petition extension in Sep, 2020. Now due to family emergency I might have to travel outside US for a week. Please suggest my options here as I understand, I cannot re-enter without valid petition, which will take time. Even the premium processing if done will take time.
    I am trying to check if travel can be avoided but want to know my options asap. Thanks for the help...

Once you leave USA, your I94 will be void. You get a new I94 (or sometime same) at the time of entry into USA.

You'll need to show a valid petition at the time of re-entry into USA. So you can move your extension into premium & hope to get response within 15 days without RFE & you should be good to re-enter into USA based on that approved petition (you will need to have someone mail that original 797 to you outside USA).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Once you leave USA, your I94 will be void. You get a new I94 (or sometime same) at the time of entry into USA.

You'll need to show a valid petition at the time of re-entry into USA. So you can move your extension into premium & hope to get response within 15 days without RFE & you should be good to re-enter into USA based on that approved petition (you will need to have someone mail that original 797 to you outside USA).
      Thank you for your inputs. I just realized that my petition was filed in premium. Since I have a medical emergency, can I travel to India while the application is under processing and wait for result while outside USA? It has already been a week since I filed, but I may not be able to delay my travel.

Comment

Originally posted by lv.onlythebrave View Post
        Can I travel to India while the application is under processing and wait for result while outside USA? It has already been a week since I filed, but I may not be able to delay my travel.
        Certainly.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X