Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa & EAD extension

Hello,

I am working in USA with EAD card on L2 Visa. My L2 Visa & EAD is expiring in Dec 2010. What are the steps to be done to avoid loosing my job.

1. When should my spouse apply for L1 or L1& L2 visa extension?
    2. Or is this i-94 extension?
    3. When should i apply for EAD extension?
    4. What will happen if my new EAD delay after my existing EAD expires.
    5. How can speed the process if my spouse L1 extension delayed by his company?

Thank you so much in advance. Looking for immediate answer.

Thanks

I am working in USA with EAD card on L2 Visa. My L2 Visa & EAD is expiring in Dec 2010. What are the steps to be done to avoid loosing my job.

1. When should my spouse apply for L1 or L1& L2 visa extension?

---- Extension should be applied for 3-4 months before expiry date of both L1 and L2

2. Or is this i-94 extension?

---- NO

3. When should i apply for EAD extension?

----- Refer Q1

----- Keep a copy of the extension document with you for reference

5. How can speed the process if my spouse L1 extension delayed by his company?

---- There is nothing you can do to expedite the process. Your spouse's company should act in a timely manner for the L1 extension

Subramanya

Comment

>>> You have to stop working until you get the EAD renewed.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Please help me with these.

My husband (L1) holder is going to India for his L1 visa extension. Planning to go to chennail and appear for Visa extension. Does anyone know how that work?

1. If he gets his Visa extended then how can i apply for my L2 visa extension?

2. What are the documents needed?

3. how long L2 extension process would take?

4. Can i apply for my EAD in paralel before my Visa extended or i have to wait until i get that.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks
        p

Comment

H4 / L2 status extension checklist

1. If he gets his Visa extended then how can i apply for my L2 visa extension?
          >>> Visa is just an entry document. Yu will need valid visa only when you leave the country and want to re-enter. You will have to visit a U.S consulate to get the visa.

If you are asking about the L2 status extension form within U.S, then you don;t have to wait for your spouse to get the visa.You can pply for the L2 extension based on the valid L1 petition.

2. What are the documents needed?

here is the list of documents for L2 status extension from within U.S.

1) Copies of spouse's L1 petition, visa, I-94 and passport (printed pages only)
          2) Latest 4-5 months pay stubs of the spouse.
          3) latest 4-5 months bank statements.
          4) A letter from your spouse stating that he / she will be supporting all the dependent (spouse and children) financially.
          5) Copies of beneficiary’s all previous L2 petitions, passport (printed pages), I-94 and visa. (include children documents if you wish to include children in the application)
          6) Copies of marriage certificate, birth certificate (include children birth certificate only if you wish to include children in the application).
          7) A letter from the spouse's employer verifying his/her employment.
          8) Completed for I-539 (/show-form/i-539)
          9) Filing fees (Check USCIS web site for the latest filing fees)

3. how long L2 extension process would take?
          >>> 2-3 months.

4. Can i apply for my EAD in paralel before my Visa extended or i have to wait until i get that.
          >>> If you are asking about the status extension, then YES, yu can apply for EAD along with the L2 petition extension.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry it is not visa, it is my status extention. But you mean i can apply for L2 status extenstion with my husband's L1 petition which ends on Dec2010 or the new one once he get stamped.

If the old one valid then can i apply now itself rather than waiting?

His company suggested to go to India and get extended since if apply here it will take 4-5 months or more because of the new regulations. Is it true? We are decided to do so because of My EAD validity ends dec2010 and need to renew before it expires.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X