RFIE on L1 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFIE on L1 extension

I received Request for Initial Evidence on my L1 extension. Any idea what this means? After submitting RFIE can USCIS issue RFE as well?

Thanks

RFIE means a request for initial evidence while RFE refers to a request for additional evidence. Although RFIE and RFE have a technical difference, they’re otherwise the same.

An RFIE is generally easier to resolve than an RFE, unless the missing document is difficult to procure Such as Reportee joining or offer letter or W2 forms etc.

Comment

Around 70-80% L1 extensions go through RFE nowdays !!
      Last edited by PS2015; 12-17-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Hi,

When did you submit your application? Was it normal processing? May i know how long they took to issue RFIE?

Comment

Filed in Aug 2020 but converted to premium on Dec 3rd, got RFIE on Dec 10th. I still don't know what the RFIE is about though.

Comment

Originally posted by PS2015 View Post
            RFIE means a request for initial evidence while RFE refers to a request for additional evidence. Although RFIE and RFE have a technical difference, they’re otherwise the same.

An RFIE is generally easier to resolve than an RFE, unless the missing document is difficult to procure Such as Reportee joining or offer letter or W2 forms etc.
            Is there a change of getting RFE once RFIE is submitted? I am trying to assess if there will be one more chance to provide any additional info if required which is not satisfied with RFIE.

Comment

The RFIE is for you to produce the initial evidence required to support your visa request. while in RFE they would ask for evidence in case they see any issue, like your Manager duties and proofs etc both in USA and offshore

Cant say if they issue RFE later or not !! All depends upon officer

Comment

Originally posted by PS2015 View Post
                The RFIE is for you to produce the initial evidence required to support your visa request. while in RFE they would ask for evidence in case they see any issue, like your Manager duties and proofs etc both in USA and offshore

Cant say if they issue RFE later or not !! All depends upon officer
                Thank you

Comment

Got it, Thank you!.. All the best for your Visa.

Comment

Originally posted by mathewrond View Post
                    I received Request for Initial Evidence on my L1 extension. Any idea what this means? After submitting RFIE can USCIS issue RFE as well?

Thanks
                    Hi, have you received your RFIE notice? I am also in the same boat. Yet to receive the notice from USCIS, almost 20 days gone from RFIE.

Could you pls tell me what is your RFIE question? Is it simple to resolve? Thanks

Comment

Hello KKAR,

I'm in the same boat. Waiting for RFIE notice. What was your RFIE question and what happened to your case after that?
                      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X