L2 EAD process still Continues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD process still Continues?

Hi - I am in US on L2 visa and applied for EAD on L2 Visa which is in process and Now I am planning to travel to UK . If I enter again in US on B1 visa for 3 months on Business Purpose, will my EAD process gets stop?

My plan is be here on B1 visa for next 3 months....and once L2 EAD comes move into L2 visa status.

quick response from forum is well appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
    Nanda
    Last edited by nandaonline; 08-01-2010, 01:13 AM.

You're eligible to apply for EAD when you enter US on L2 visa.
    If you're not in L2 status, EAD is invalid and you can't work anymore.

Comment

Hi - Let me rephrase this.

I am on L2 visa in US and applied for EAD and still waiting for response.
      1.Now, If I travel outside US, does my EAD process get stopped or it continues and EAD card is issued?
      2.In between If I travel to US on B1 visa, does my EAD process get stopped or it continues and EAD card is issued?

I would kindly request the forum members to respond this ASAP.
      Thanks
      Nanda

Comment

EAD will be issued based on your L2 status. When you leave the country, you no longer hold any valid status and so the EAD should get denied as per process. There is no EAD for B1.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

EAD process stops on short term travel as well?

Hi shervin143 - Thanks for your response and If I travel Outside US on a short trip, lets say a month for personal reasons then also does EAD process get stops?

please clarify me as a lot of contradictory responses I can see when I browse.

Comment

You qualify for L2 ead based on your I-94 indicating your L2 status. When you leave the country, the I-94 record gets closed and you DO NOT hold a status. Essentially, there is a possibility to have the EAD denied as your status would not show up on the system based on the closed departure record.

In the best interest, avoid travel unless it is an emergency. Once approved, EAD remains valied even if you travel and return.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Got L2 EAD in 2 months

Hi Guys - Thanks so much for your responses.

I got EAD in 2 months and the process is not stopped though I am not in US as I was travelled to India for 3 weeks due to personal reasons.

Hope this info will be useful for guys like me in future.
              Thanks
              Nanda

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X