Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 approved moving to india

Hi,

I am on L1A and my i140 is approved and just filed i485.(didn't get receipt notice yet) Unfortunately I need to immediately go back to India due to family issues.

What will happen to my i485 ? If I come back after 6 months or 1 yr, will my GC process can be processed again? Or do I need to start from scratch again?

Originally posted by Mahesh0502 View Post
    What will happen to my i485 ? If I come back after 6 months or 1 yr, will my GC process can be processed again? Or do I need to start from scratch again?
    Your I485 won't be impacted by your visit to India. However by leaving USA you'll loose your AP application (I131), which you might have filed along with I485.

So, as long as your have valid visa for your return, you are good to travel.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Regarding your i485, the outcome can vary depending on how long you'll be in India. If it's just a temporary trip for less than a year, you might be able to pick up where you left off with the GC process. However, if it extends beyond a year, you might need to start over. Moving can be a real rollercoaster of challenges and decisions. Speaking of which, when I moved recently, I didn't realize how crucial it is to consider the safest boroughs in London. It's a city with so many options, and safety matters a lot. Take care of your family matters, and remember that the GC process can often be resumed with some adjustments if needed.
      Last edited by Marjorielou; 10-19-2023, 12:53 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X