Help regarding my ustraveldocs profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help regarding my ustraveldocs profile

My visa interview is scheduled for March 5 2021. The fees was paid back in March 2020 and below are the issues with my profile on ustraveldocs
    1. Passport number is old because it got renewed during November 2020.
    2. Name doesn't match new or old passport (ya it was my mistake in 2020).

In both cases customer care email response suggested that i can go for interview and let the officials know about the situation. They say it cannot be updated because there's a receipt attached to me profile.

Below are my questions:
    Can I go ahead with the interview or should I cancel and pay again.
    what happens if the vac officials deny my further processing on the vac day if I go ahead with current interview appointment?

Passport renewal is a normal process & that won't impact your visa application. Ensure you carry the old passport (which you used while paying that fee) along with you for the interview.

Name change - how much is the difference in your old passport & new passport - if it is a slight spelling correction, then you should be fine, if you changing your name after your marriage, then too its fine. But having significant change in your name, might cause problem.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

***URGENT***Profile issues
      Hello,

I have recently received my final L1A extension approval notice in US.
      Due to my I485 being processed by USCIS, I have been advised by my company's legal team to not travel to India until I receive the EAD.

In the meanwhile, due to a family medical emergency, my wife had to travel back to India last year in October 2020.
      Unfortunately, while she has been in India, the visa extension date expired in Dec 2020.

Since I have the extension request approved now, I would like to get my wife's passport stamped with the L2 extension immediately and bring her back.
      I tried, booking a dropbox appointment for her but apparently, I cannot create a separate profile for her.
      The website prompted me to confirm moving the existing details with hers. I confirmed and uploaded her passport photo as well. however, the website does not provide any ETA on when the profile will be ready to pay the fees and book the appointment to drop her passport in the Bangalore dropbox office.

This is kind of urgent that she is able to travel back to me so that her I485 application can be interfiled with mine.
      Kindly request your urgent assistance due to the complexity of this situation and our helplessness to resolve it. Could you kindly assist and advise.

Comment

Originally posted by papia26 View Post
        ***URGENT***Profile issues
        Hello,

I have recently received my final L1A extension approval notice in US.
        Due to my I485 being processed by USCIS, I have been advised by my company's legal team to not travel to India until I receive the EAD.

In the meanwhile, due to a family medical emergency, my wife had to travel back to India last year in October 2020.
        Unfortunately, while she has been in India, the visa extension date expired in Dec 2020.

Since I have the extension request approved now, I would like to get my wife's passport stamped with the L2 extension immediately and bring her back.
        I tried, booking a dropbox appointment for her but apparently, I cannot create a separate profile for her.
        The website prompted me to confirm moving the existing details with hers. I confirmed and uploaded her passport photo as well. however, the website does not provide any ETA on when the profile will be ready to pay the fees and book the appointment to drop her passport in the Bangalore dropbox office.

This is kind of urgent that she is able to travel back to me so that her I485 application can be interfiled with mine.
        Kindly request your urgent assistance due to the complexity of this situation and our helplessness to resolve it. Could you kindly assist and advise.
        Duplicate quote : https://www.immihelp.com/forum/usa-l...n-ustraveldocs
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X