Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time between L-2 / I-539 biometrics and approval

Howdy

I filed my I-129 to renew my L1 visa and concurrently filed my partner's I-539 and I-765 and all were received in Texas on 09/16.

My partner's biometrics appointment just came through for later this month at an ASC in New York City. Do any other people have experiences on how long it takes between the biometrics appointment and approval for the L2 and EAD afterwards? I can't find any accurate information or timelines elsewhere.

After biometrics your I539 should be approved within 30 days. However you can expect 2 to 6 months of waiting for EAD renewal after biometrics.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      After biometrics your I539 should be approved within 30 days. However you can expect 2 to 6 months of waiting for EAD renewal after biometrics.
      Don't they work on I-765 and I-539 concurrently?

Comment

Originally posted by KSC90 View Post

Don't they work on I-765 and I-539 concurrently?
        Now a days .. no.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

That's awful. So they sat on their hands in the 6 months it takes to get to biometrics.

Comment

That's awful. So they sat on their hands in the 6 months it takes to get to biometrics.
            They aren't willing doing it, its just the L2 visa are least priority item for them & USCIS is fully busy with various other important applications.

Comment

Howdy

I filed my I-129 to renew my L1 visa and concurrently filed my partner's I-539 and I-765 and all were received in Texas on 09/16.

My partner's biometrics appointment just came through for later this month at an ASC in New York City. Do any other people have experiences on how long it takes between the biometrics appointment and approval for the L2 and EAD afterwards? I can't find any accurate information or timelines elsewhere.
              Hi KSC90,
              How long did it finally take to get the L2 approval after the biometrics apppointment ?
              I am in the same situation and need an approximate processing time.
              Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by amarquie View Post

Hi KSC90,
                How long did it finally take to get the L2 approval after the biometrics apppointment ?
                I am in the same situation and need an approximate processing time.
                Thanks for your help!
                Still waiting, I'm afraid.

Comment

I-539 approval is not really linked to biometrics. Texas SC are currently processing cases submitted in June 2020. Maybe the updated deference guidance will speed things up, but knowing USCIS I'm not holding my breath..
                  I'm an L2 non-immigrant. My most recent I-539 and I-765 were submitted mid-Oct 2020, Texas SC and approved early August 2021.
                  Make sure to sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. USPS sent back my first EAD and it took 5 months to get it re-mailed in 2018-19.

Comment

Still waiting, I'm afraid.
                    I'm so desperate that I'm checking my case status multiple times a day

Comment

Interesting... thank you for letting me know !!

Comment

Howdy

KSC90 Any update on your case?

Comment

One of my colleague received RFE for her dependents case. I heard about dependents getting RFE first time. Has anyone else experienced that?

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

KSC90 Any update on your case?
                            Apologies, totally missed this Libra_14 . Still waiting, and judging by a group of other TSC filers from Summer/Autumn last year, they're only approving May/June applications right now. Your biometrics date has no impact on decision times, they still go by the Received Date - so it's likely my September petition won't be adjudicated until August at the earliest. It's a farce.

Comment

Hi, does anyone has any update on their case ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X