Lost Passport with L1B visa - Restamping at consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Passport with L1B visa - Restamping at consulate

I lost my passport last week with I-94, US L1 Visa in US. I am planning to go to india next month . I have lodged police complaint and got report from police department . I had applied for passport at Indian consulate, which they agreed to give in one week as i cited by travel plans. I have my valid L1 Blanket petition (valid till sep 2012)

I would like to know if I need to apply for new petition ? Can I apply for appointment at US consulate where I got my visa for re-stamping with Old valid petition ?

Since I am going back to india, Do i need to apply for I-94 copy with USCIS again?

Yes, you have to reappear for the visa with your older petition if it is still valid. You have to inform about the lost I-94 to CBP. No one will ask for it when you leave but you have to keep copies of your ticket and travel proof to show at POE as your departure will never be recorded.

You have to mail to the CBP London KY address about your lost I-94 along with proof of departure to update the records.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X