Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I94 expired due to passport expiry but missed to renew I94, Need some advise!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 expired due to passport expiry but missed to renew I94, Need some advise!!

I Just want to give you a background on my case, my husband is the primary visa holder L1, I am on dependent visa L2.
    I arrived at US on Dec 30,2016 and got an I94 valid till Oct 31, 2017 and my visa was valid till May 30,2019.
    But my passport got expired on Oct 31, 2017 which has the same date as my I94. I renewed my passport but missed to renew my I94 then, which
    left a gap for more than 180 days.

Mean time i travelled on vacation to India on June 2 ,2018 and was back to US on June 25,2018. I was issued a new I94 at POE,
    which is valid till June 30,2021. I dint realize the gap in I94 from ( Nov 1,2017 till June 2,2018 ) until a couple of weeks back now.

My husband's office filled him an extension last year and it got approved. where as my extension is still pending with USCIS.

Though my current I94 is valid till june 30, 2021, but the gap in my previous I94 and the present I94 is the one which bothers me , is it something I have to get it rectified
    or since i am in status now , this should not be a issue. during my next travel i will have to go to the consulate and in my DS 160 can i articulate the reason as ignorance /human error to renew the I94 after passport renewal , Not sure how this will be perceived by the officer.

Well the gap is certainly an issue. I don't think you can do anything about it now (or may be consult an attorney).

If the officer doesn't notice that then you are good. But in DS160, if there is a question, you should answer it truthfully.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X