Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time spent in US for pleasure & 1 year requirement

Hi

I read in the policy clarification around L1 visas that you need to have spent one year working for the qualifying organization and that any time that you spent in the US even for pleasure during that year needs to be added to the 1 year requirement. That is to say, 60 days spent in the US for tourism would mean 60 days added to the 1 year requirement. Has anyone been in a situation where this has been enforced ?

I have two passports and entered for pleasure using the passport I am not intending to get the visa for so wondering if it’s something they would check.

anyone have experience with this conundrum?

The requirement says, you need to work for the organization outside USA for 1 year out of last 3 years - see if you satisfy that.

Since you spend time in USA on pleasure, I believe you were still employed by your organization outside USA during that period & were getting paid (assuming paid leaves) - if yes, then you still qualify for that - no need to add extra days.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X