Renew I-94 for L2 Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew I-94 for L2 Extension

My wifes L2 and EAD is in progress. Her visa is till 2023 based on my last petition whose end date was Jan2021. Now I have got my L1A Individual petition renewed till March2022.
    Can she visit any CBP office to extend her I-94 date which was given till Jan2021 in her passport? Or she has to leave the country and come back to get her I-94 extended. Can she leave the country whereas her L2 and EAD are in progress.

US Visas are only issued outside USA it can't be renewed within USA. She can file I539 (extension of L2) while in USA to extend her I94.

Answered your question here as well : https://www.immihelp.com/forum/usa-l...-is-in-process
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

If her I-94 is extended till 2022...can she get her EAD on basis of that, or her L2 has to get approved first before her EAD is approved
      Last edited by sromit; 03-23-2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Not sure if I am confused, if you already have a valid I94 & a valid L1 (primary applicant) then you can extend your L2-EAD based on both of these documents.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

I called the CBP office and got my wifes I-94 extended till 2022 based on my L1 petition....my question is if I send the new I-94 to the Service center(Vermont) will they approve her EAD based on that, or they have to wait till the L2 extension is approved by another service center(Texas). Cant they issue the EAD based on the I-94 date??

Comment

Originally posted by sromit View Post
            if I send the new I-94 to the Service center(Vermont) will they approve her EAD based on that, or they have to wait till the L2 extension is approved by another service center(Texas). Cant they issue the EAD based on the I-94 date??
            It depends on the Service Center - its no harm to give it a try.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X