L2 visa with Hawai Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa with Hawai Marriage

Hi all ! I was offered an L1 sponsorship from my company which is going to relocate me to the US within 6 months. Since me and my girlfriend are not yet married and we were already thinking about it we thought that we could get married at Hawaii (it had always been her dream) just the two of us, probably without parents and friends.

Since I have seen many horror stories on the internet of rejected L2s because of accuses of arranged weddings, i wanted to ask a couple of questions:
    1- Is Hawaiian wedding certificate officialy accepted for application of L2 visa ?
    2- Will it be a problem if we marry when my girlfriend comes at Hawaii with a tourist visa and I am already L1
    3- Given the situation we likely won`t have many photos of our parents and friends at the wedding, will it rise suspicions ?
    4- Will immigration argue about the fact that the wedding happened immediately after i got the visa ?

Maybe I am worrying too much, but I wanted to understand how we can take this big step toghether safely within this change that we are facing.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X