Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-1B to L-1A visa conversion in blanket category

Hi All,

I am currently on L-1B visa with my 5 years term on the visa expiring inJune 2021. As I am serving in managerial role since last 1.5 years, my employer/legal attorney team was proposing L-1 B to L-1A conversion under blanket category, but during the process they came back saying that USCIS rules have changed and that they cannot process my conversion as only 2 more months are remaining in my MPS.

Can you please confirm if there is any such rule or limitation from USCIS that prevents an applicant from filing L-1B to L-1A conversion petition in blanket category when they have less than 6 months of MPS remaining?

Regards
    Aparna

I guess the reason is the remaining time on your L1B. Since you have only 2 months remaining on L1B & even if you file for your conversion, you cannot work beyond the initial 5 years term.

Please check with your attorney if they can file the conversion in premium & you can secure conversion petition approval before your 5 year term & you cancontinue.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X