No US salary and no Stimulus package even though longterm project in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No US salary and no Stimulus package even though longterm project in US

I have been working in US in L1B visa for last 2.5 yrs. My employer does not pay me US salary and I am on Indian salary. My client pays per diem and other expenses.
    My employer hires 3rd party tax consultant to file US and India tax return. They dont share W2 form with me. There is no pay slip. Even covid stimulus pay have been taken away stating they pay US tax and its due to them. I fear of Job loss if I raise my voice. Please suggest what I can do?
    Last edited by sarmanL1helpneeded; 04-20-2021, 07:11 PM.

this is a pretty weird situation. Why would the company wont share W-2. This is illegal to not share W-2 and pay slip.

Comment

I see lot of red flags here. W2 form and payslips are your right. Covid stimulus checks/bank credits are issued in your name, they should not be able to take it away. Suggest to approach an attorney.

Comment

I am aware of some big financial institutions who get resources from their captive Indian centers to work in US for few years wherein they pay them per diem, cover their lease, pay for car rentals and all insurances etc..basically the employees cost is completely covered and they get per diem to cover for food in US + they get their whole Indian salary.

Majority of other companies give US Salary (and we need to cover everything) but then they stop Indian salary.
        OP needs to tread this carefully since they would have some assignment related documentation and policies clearly listed and which they have probably agreed to.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X