Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport validity 179 days, Can I apply L1-B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport validity 179 days, Can I apply L1-B ?

Hi Friends,

Hope you are all doing good !

I'm planning to apply a L1-B visa in India but my passport validity is less than 6months [179 days to be precise]. Can I submit my DS-160 and book the appointment slot using this passport ? I will get my new passport in the next few weeks.

Not sure if consulate allows passport number update after DS-160 is submitted and interview date is blocked. It would be really helpful if anyone of you could clarify.

TIA
    Last edited by Bhandari; 07-04-2021, 10:16 AM.

Originally posted by Bhandari View Post
    I'm planning to apply a L1-B visa in India but my passport validity is less than 6months [179 days to be precise]. Can I submit my DS-160 and book the appointment slot using this passport ? I will get my new passport in the next few weeks.

Not sure if consulate allows passport number update after DS-160 is submitted and interview date is blocked. It would be really helpful if anyone of you could clarify.
    Ideally that's not a problem, but in current scenario, its hard to get an appointment within 2-3 months, so you have sufficient time.

Also, you do not need to "submit" your DS160 to book an appointment, you can take appointment right now (based on "saved" DS160) & submit your DS160 before 2 days of your interview. I would suggest to wait for few weeks, get new passport, as to avoid any unknown problem.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for responding to my question. this is really very insightful !

One small followup question :
      • When ever you save a DS160 its says "For the next 30 days, you will be able to retrieve your application" meaning I should make sure to open saved DS160 and save it again atleast once every month to prevent from deletion even after 1-2 months of initial filling ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhandari View Post
        When ever you save a DS160 its says "For the next 30 days, you will be able to retrieve your application" meaning I should make sure to open saved DS160 and save it again atleast once every month to prevent from deletion even after 1-2 months of initial filling ?
        That's correct.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X